The Covid-19 pandemic has accelerated the fundamental changes which were already underway in global markets, as I discuss in a new interview with Will Beacham of I.C.I.S.
Companies and investors need to focus on the challenges and opportunities created by 5 major paradigm shifts as we move into the New Normal. These will impact individual markets – and collectively, completely change the way that business is done.
In turn, they will create major opportunities for everyone willing to respond to the challenges they create:
- Energy abundance – consistently low oil prices will remove the need to be supply-driven
- Changing patterns of demand – customer segmentation will be key to success
- Global supply chains will be replaced by local supply
- The circular economy will provide a major boost to growth
- Modern manufacturing – digital, continuous and bio-enabled technology will be critical for manufacturing success